Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Something New

Something to share that I received.........We all have sung this song as a small child and even as an adult. Here is a new version just for us who have white hair, or no hair, but at any age.

JESUS LOVES ME

Jesus loves me, this I know.
Though my hair is white as snow.
Though my sight is growing dim,
Still he bids me thrust in Him.

(Chorus)
YES JESUS LOVE ME..YES, JESUS LOVES ME..
YES, JESUS LOVES ME FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

Though my steps are oh, so slow,
With my hand in His I'll go.
On through life, let come what may,
He'll be there to lead the way.

(CHORUS)

Though I am no longer young,
I have much which He's begun,
Let me serve Christ with a smile,
Go with others the extra mile.

(CHORUS)

When the nights are dark and long,
In my Heart He puts a song.
Telling me in words so clear,
"Have no fear, for I am near."

(CHORUS)

When my work on earth is done,
And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above,
Then I'll understand His love

(CHORUS)

I love Jesus, does he know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say,
That I love Him every day

(CHORUS)

Well what do you think of this version? I especially like the last verse.....

4 comments:

Joyce Collins said...

I love this version!!!!!

ToddMishWill said...

This isn't just a version for the white haired...most of it could apply to all of us. Thanks for sharing it. Hopefully we all stop and think about the words not just how cute the author was.

jonathandy said...

that's cute!

matthew14_31 said...

thanks for the comment. your support and sympathy is greatly appreciated. by the way, you are welcome back at st. paul's and back in spy anytime, just show up, i'll put you to work.